At Rakuten Super Logistics, we know how crazy the holiday shipping season can get–especially if you are doing it all in house! If that’s the case, then hats off to you. Juggling your business and order fulfillment is hard work. And, as the holiday season is going to be here before you know it, it is important to start planning and organizing your holiday fulfillment now. Organizing now will allow you time to start focusing on more important, revenue driving aspects like marketing plans and promotions.
This holiday planning checklist will get you on track for the busy season!
Invest in Rest. One of the most important holiday business tips that we can offer you is to get plenty of rest leading up to this holiday season. This busy time will have you working longer hours than usual, which can run your body down. Don’t let catching a sickness get in the way of your orders going out on time. Rest up now.
- Prepare your inventory. Before the busy season hits, you should have your inventory as prepared as possible to help things run smoothly. Checking to make sure that your inventory is in its correct location before the holiday rush is an important aid when picking and packing. And, if you have products that are in kits, make sure that you have enough assembled to ensure efficient operations.
- Secure your warehouse space. A busy selling season means an influx of inventory. Be sure to secure your warehouse space in advance to ensure that you have a place to store your products.
- Stock up on shipping supplies. You should be sure that you have enough shipping supplies before the holiday season hits. You do not want to run out of crucial shipping supplies and have to scramble to get them from your supplier, who is probably busy filling other last-minute orders for companies who were also unprepared.
- Think through your staffing needs. When does your holiday rush start to pick up? Determine your needs and then begin staffing. You need to be sure that you have enough time to train and prepare for the season. Think about what a nightmare it would be to have inexperienced staff “helping” you during the busiest time of the year.
- Know your holiday shipping deadlines. When is the latest possible date that you can ship out an order to make it to your customer in time for Christmas, Hanukkah, and other major dates? This year it is especially important to keep an eye on the holiday dates because Christmas falls on a Sunday. Be sure that you are prepared for those days with staffing levels, inventory, and shipping supplies.
- Develop holiday marketing plans—One of our most important holiday business tips is to carefully plan out your holiday marketing plans before the rush begins. Pay attention to all retail and eCommerce holiday dates such as Black Friday and Cyber Monday and tailor a marketing campaign to increase sales.
- Get ready for mobile traffic and sales. Unless you have been living under a rock, it is clear to see the takeover of mobile phones and tablets. In 2014, mobile devices accounted for 19% of all US retail eCommerce sales. By the end of 2018, this number is expected to ready 27%. Be sure that your site is mobile friendly and ready to handle the holiday traffic to your site.
- Consider offering free and fast shipping this holiday season. Shoppers not only want fast and free shipping for their ecommerce purchases, they now expect it. In fact, if they are presented with unexpected shipping costs, 28% of shoppers will abandon their shopping cart. Free shipping increases shopping cart levels, customer satisfaction, and helps to maximize your sales. If your current shipping situation won’t allow you to affordably offer free and fast shipping, you may want to look into an order fulfillment partner that can.
Outsourcing your fulfillment and shipping to Rakuten Super Logistics can help save you time and money. The 2-Day Delivery Network, expert customer service and 100% accuracy guarantee give you the highest quality fulfillment in the industry at the lowest possible cost. When you partner with Rakuten Super Logistics you will find that your reputation grows and customers keep coming back throughout the year.
It’s not too late to let Rakuten Super Logistics take order fulfillment and shipping off your plate this holiday season! Our fastest customer onboarding from start to finish has been only 9 business days! On average we currently onboard our customers within 33 days, however most of our more experienced eTailers went below that average. Our rapid response times are upheld in our business development department as well. In fact, one of our current happy customers was able to go from inquiry to signed agreement in only 4 business days!
If you’re concerned about your eCommerce fulfillment capabilities, contact Rakuten Super Logistics for a free fulfillment analysis to be performed by one of our eCommerce fulfillment experts. Contact us to take advantage of this offer and learn more about how partnering with Rakuten Super Logistics for fast and accurate order fulfillment protects your online reputation and saves you time and money.