Used Rakuten as a Consumer Now Trying it with my Business
“As a Consumer in the general public, I have had very good service with Rakuten. Now that I am pulling out of the gate with my business and looking to be able to provide top notch customer service to my clients, my team around me has to have that same drive and belief to excel above the rest. I have a great confidence that Rakuten will be up for the task. I will leave an additional review to make an update.” Gina S.
Great Customer Support
“Sometimes our inventory may need special attention. Support agent (Jessica) walked me through our special need with our inventory and made sure all things went smoothly. How wonderful was support? Excellent!” Bill Hengler, Founder and CEO, DoorPRO Doorstop
Fantastic Service and Reliability
“We’ve been using RSL for several years now and have been consistently impressed by their level of service and reliability. On the few occasions we’ve run into issues, they have been quick to respond and address any problems. They’re also great at handling special requests or unique one-off needs.” Adam A.
Best customer service I’ve ever had the pleasure of working with
“Rakuten SL has always been a pleasure to work with. Setting up and managing a small store if difficult enough as is, and Rakuten has made it an absolute enjoyment to fulfill our products. They’re support team is top of their class, helpful, polite and pleasant. Even when I make stupid mistakes or accidentally mess the system, they are always willing and helpful to straighten it out and teach me in the process. Special thank you to Tyler, Angie, Nick, Andrew and Jammie. You guys are the very best and I’m forever thankful for your assistance. 5 / 5 stars. If you don’t already work with Rakuten, now is the time to start.” Brian Brushwood
Rakuten Super Logistics is fulfillment on steroids
“With RSL, we chose wisely; Rakuten Super Logistics is fulfillment on steroids (with a price we can afford). We are happy and our customers are thrilled. We are able to provide same day shipping–where we can compete with all the major eCommerce companies. And, with same day shipping, our customers love us.” Leslie Gabriel, CEO, Watercheck Biz
The single most reliable node in our business flow
“The short version: We’ve been working with Rakuten Super Logistics for three amazing months; it’s probably the single most reliable node in our business flow. If you need a bulletproof fulfillment partner to automatically ship your orders quickly and correctly, RSL is the best choice you can make.
The long version: First, a little backstory:
- We were using another Shopify-integrated fulfillment partner and it was a horrible experience. We really needed a new 3PL warehouse and started shopping around.
- Our production facilities are on the west coast, and we wanted something nearby. We’re in one of the Nevada warehouses.
- We looked into six different 3PL companies on the west coast. Most of them with the capabilities we need are woefully behind the times and operate with 1990’s technology or have minimums that apply to Fortune 500 companies, not medium-sized e-commerce small businesses.
- RSL had the best prices on services and the best shipping discounts, and were easily the most professional during the sales process. It was an simple choice.
Now, on to our experience with RSL so far:
- You actually get a dedicated account manager with RSL for the sales process, and it makes a huge difference working with a human being. Ours was/has been/is still AMAZING. The attention to detail and professionalism at this company is outstanding, and you first see it in the sales process.
- There’s a dedicated team for onboarding also, so again, actual human beings you can speak to and who give a **** about the success of your business getting rolling. This turns out to be extremely helpful. We took forever getting our move sorted out and it resulted in a ton of shipments from multiple locations in US. The sales and onboarding staff were understanding and accommodating of all our delays and changes, and were super cool throughout the whole process. The RSL Shopify app takes 3 seconds to to install and our launch with the new warehouse was flawless.
- Pricing is handled a little differently than most places, but when the math is done, you can’t beat the prices. Volume matters; your business might be different than ours.
- RSL has their own freight manager in-house, so you can literally just email him your shipping needs and he handles the brokering/trucking for you. Plus, the rates are super low. If you move pallets from your production facility to your warehouse, you will save TONS of time and money with RSL because of this.
- Rakuten in Japan is DHL’s biggest customer so the DHL hookup is out of this world. They also have the lowest available FedEx partner rates, too. For basic, USA ground stuff, you’ll be able to offer free shipping and not kill your margins. Switching to RSL helped us save a lot of money on fulfillment services and even more money on shipping.
- RSL is DETAILED. They don’t miss a beat. They’re always on time to conference calls and conduct BUSINESS you should be on the same level. I say this because I know there’s a lot of bedroom operations on Shopify.
- We honestly haven’t needed much support which should tell you a lot. My own customer service team doesn’t have much to do anymore because RSL runs such a tight ship.
- When they say one business day turn-around they mean it or exceed it. Coming from years of warehouse errors and delays, this is a huge upgrade. I’ve hit the system hard with large (large to me anyway) batches of wholesale orders, too, no problem.
- Shopify has that setting to hold fraud-risk orders but the RSL app ignores that, as it just looks for orders that are marked “paid” and “unfulfilled.” We ended up using an app called Subuno, letting it scan our orders for fraud, not capturing payment on the ones it detects as fraudulent, thus RSL doesn’t fulfill them until we say to. In addition to solving our auto-ship issue, it is also a substantial upgrade to Shopify’s built-in fraud assessment tool. Win-win.
We haven’t done a holiday season with RSL yet, but so far so GREAT! I hope this helps some. Good luck to you and your business; happy selling!” Theme Develop
I’m happy with the service
“My company started using RSL in March of 2015. At the time, our inventory situation was a jumbled mess. We had existing inventory and new inventory arrive to RSL’s Henderson warehouse concurrently. Both inventories having different SKUs, which created some delays in the on-boarding process. The folks at Rakuten worked directly with me both on the phone and in person to get the situation under control and get our products shipped as soon as reasonably possible. I’ll admit, our first couple weeks were rough. This was our first time switching from self-fulfillment, to using a 3PL, and everything was new for us. We didn’t fully understand how everything worked and I gotta say, the team at RSL were there for me every step of the way. Ensuring that I understood every aspect of their process and that my customers satisfaction was also a priority for them. I’m happy with the service they’ve been able to provide and look forward to continuing to grow our company, without having to worry about buying boxes and packing tape!” Black Claw Needle Company
I have had a very positive working relationship with RSL
“I entered into a contract with RSL in early January, as their prices were more competitive compared to the other 3PL companies I had contacted. At first I was hesitant to give up control of my inventory. However I really had no choice as my business was growing out of my control.
Their team lead me through a step-by-step onboarding process which was very easy to understand and did not require much effort on my part. In fact, they do a great job taking work off your shoulders and managing the warehouse on their own, while also keeping you well informed.
When my first shipment arrived at the warehouse, I was told it would take 4 business days for the goods to be received into inventory and for order fulfillment to begin. Then additional shipments would require 2 business days. To my surprise they actually started fulfilling orders just 2 business days after receiving, which was awesome considering how we were out of stock at the time with many backorders placed.
In fact, RSL has continually gone above and beyond my expectations. They perform ahead of schedule, provide advice on reducing packaging and shipping costs, and are very easy to get ahold of. It usually only takes a couple hours for support requests to be fulfilled.
An example of going above and beyond: My products come in unconventional box sizes, they are very long rectangular boxes without much height. The initial boxes in the warehouse could fit my product but there was a bunch of empty space (which was filled with paper when shipped). The initial boxes were getting the job done, but instead of sticking with those, the warehouse team took the initiative to find boxes that would fit my product just right, without the extra space. It is a much better presentation for my customers to receive a box that fits the product well. It was not something I spent time on, or ever mentioned to the team, as I am very busy working on my business. However the team did so on their own which is now saving me packaging costs and improving the customer experience.
My best advice when working with a new 3rd party company is to keep open and clear communication. Make it as easy as possible for your warehouse team to receive inventory and fulfill your orders by giving them everything they need to do their job. In return, they will perform above and beyond your expectations.” Elemental Knives
Willingness to go the extra mile
“We are so happy to have RSL’s Homer fulfillment center as part of our team! We understand there are many SKUs for Glam Seamless and much to learn and just want to let the team know how much we appreciate your hard work and willingness to go the extra mile. It is vital that we have a fulfillment center that can serve our customers and we have been more than happy! Having just taken on our account, we are very impressed and satisfied with the service that we are being given from your team! Thank you so much!”