Ask how much you get.
It’s incredibly important to get a detailed list of all the services, features, and benefits that the fulfillment provider offers. There are often things that are not explicitly mentioned, for example:
• Whether or not they give you free software upgrades
• The types of shipping materials they use
• Type of insurance coverage for your merchandise
• Shipping service(s) they use
• Whether or not they have expertise with international paperwork
• Their experience with bulk shipments
• Whether or not they have experience shipping to other countries
An experienced company that is confident in its offerings will not hesitate to provide a full list of services for you, as well as a number of references. Not only will that give you an overview of what to expect, but this makes it easier to compare them to the competition. One thing to be aware of, however, when doing a comparison across order fulfillment companies is that businesses will often charge different rates for the same services. When receiving a recommendation, please note the prices of services can vary wildly and current prices might not reflect those that were used in the past. Also understand that the actual quality of each individual service will be different among service providers.
Of course, there are many other things you should take into account before making your decision. But if you keep these tips in mind, you will be well on your way to successfully outsourcing your order fulfillment and being able to focus all of your attention on the things that really matter to you: the growth and success of your business.